- Lt. Joe PangaroLieutenant
Joseph Pangaro is a retired 27-year veteran police officer, retiring at the rank of Lieutenant in 2013. Lt. Pangaro was the lead training instructor of his police agency and certified as an instructor by the NJ Police Training Commission. Lt Pangaro was trained in school Security Assessments by the Dept. of Homeland Security. Lt. Pangaro is also a trained and certified Crime prevention officer who continues to train police officers at police academies throughout the Northeast. Lt. Pangaro has built the curriculum for school security training programs including “Plan and Prepare” and “Planning the Active Shooter Drill”. These programs are based on his experience as a police training officer and delivered to hundreds of police officers and schools in the region. He has also created multiple training programs, both classroom and hands on based, designed for the school, law enforcement and business communities on topics of safety and security, proper investigations, anti-drug awareness, cyber bullying, interview skills and violence response.
Proper handling of incidents involving juveniles is essential. Whether involved as suspects, victims, or witnesses, these cases represent a special set of issues and proper police response is critical. This course will teach law enforcement officers the appropriate methods and procedures to implement with juveniles as suspects, victims, or witnesses.
- The intricacies of interviewing juveniles
- Investigating cases of child abuse as well as missing and runaway juveniles
- The Uniform State Memorandum of Agreement Between Education and Law Enforcement Officials
- An overview of Title 2A and 2C Statues specific to juveniles
- Family Court
- Sex crimes as well as child victims of pornography and sexting
- Investigating bullying charges
- Underage drinking
- Various case studies include investigations of juveniles involved in robberies, sexual assault, and homicide
Segments on objectives of a successful investigation, crime scene management strategies, and interview and interrogation techniques will also be reviewed in the course.
Paying via Credit Card: CONTINUE BELOW (Discounts are available for training subscribers, HIDTA members, or officers funding their own training. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discount codes and for more information.)